WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 18.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 18.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

August 23, 2019

Fail to install WebMO Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Running the WebMO Setup Script » Fail to install WebMO « Previous Next »

Pong
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 1:20 pm:   

Dear all,

I cannot install WebMO on my UNIX machine system IRIX6.5 . When I wanted ti=o install by using the command "% perl setup.pl", always, I have the comment " syntax error at setup.pl line 583, near "temp foreach" Execution of setup.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

So, how can I solve this problem? Could you please to give me for advice. Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Pong
schmidt
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 3:08 pm:   

What version of perl are you using? You can check using 'perl -v'. WebMO requires Perl 5.0 or higher.

Also make sure that you have no accidently altered the setup script!
Audrey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 11:44 am:   

Hi,

I try to run WebMO on my MacBook OS lion (10.7)... hum... kind of impossible...??? is there anything I can do? the setup script can't start
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 195
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 12:28 pm:   

Please follow the setup instructions for OS X at:
https://www.webmo.net/support/installation_osx.html
Audrey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 2:12 pm:   

Yeah, that's what I tried, doesn't work at all I tried everything that's written in the support info
Audrey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 2:37 pm:   

The terminal says there is a syntax error line 36 and the line above "can only be used in a function"
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 196
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 - 10:17 pm:   

Please copy the entire contents of the terminal, INCLUDING WHAT YOU TYPED and the OUTPUT here. This could be a Lion issue, although I am a bit skeptical.
alyan070109
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2019 - 11:40 am:   

Hi i can´t install WebMo, i already have pearl and apache an i have Mopac ready to run. I open the setup file and the promtp says that im going to be ask some questions abut folder locations and ask to press enter, but as soon as I press enter, the box just close inmediatly. Don´t know, what I´m doing wrog so if someone coul just help me i would be very thankful.Canñt install WebMoCan´ t install WebMo
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 637
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2019 - 12:26 pm:   

Use perl 5.24 rather than 5.26. This will be resolved in the next release.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration