WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

August 24, 2019

Precompiled Mopac binary for MacOS X ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » Precompiled Mopac binary for MacOS X doesn't seem to work « Previous Next »

Simon Janich
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 6:59 pm:   

Every time I try to start a Mopac job, I only get the message "Input file missing or empty". Any idea what's wrong?
schmidt
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 7:36 pm:   

You either need to use the binary from within WebMO, or download the Mopac source code distribution (from https://www.webmo.net/support/mopac_linux.html) and use the 'runmopac' script contained therein to run your jobs. (You don't need to compile the source code, but you do need the script.)
Simon Janich
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 3:07 pm:   

Still doesn't work. It simply does nothing...
schmidt
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 3:48 pm:   

Trying following the instructions at https://www.webmo.net/support/mopac_linux.html, and in particular step 6, to run a job. I have used this binary before, so I know it works on at least Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.3.
Simon Janich
Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 3:36 pm:   

Okay, I shuffled my files a bit around... and now it works. Could it be that either mopac or the runmopac script has problems with blanks in the path?

Anyway - thanks for the help and the patience.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration