WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

August 17, 2019

Java errors Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » Java errors « Previous Next »

Nicolas Ferré
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:45 am:   

Hi, I imported a log file from g03 and would like to visualize it. It seems that all functions related to the graphics (the editor, the vibration animation ... ) fail due to some errors that I retrieve in the console javascript of my firefox browser. For instance,

Erreur : document.SwingDetectApplet.isSwingSupported is not a function
Erreur : document.ViewerApplet.getPreferences is not a function
Erreur : opener.document.TranslatorApplet.getGeometry is not a function

and some others ...
schmidt
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:49 am:   

Do you have the Sun Java plug-in installed? See the WebMO supported browsers page in the WebMO support page for more information.
Richard Hall
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 4:39 am:   

I'm trying to view molecular orbitals using the MOViewer but the java web start spends ages saying

Downloading java3d.jnlp descriptor (0 remaining)

and then a download error,

"Unable to launch MOViewer"

in the details window,

"
Unable to load resource: https://j3d-webstart.dev.java.net/release/j3d/1.3.2/windows-i586/j3dcore.jar"

Exception
"JNLPException[category: Download Error : Exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect : LaunchDesc: null ]
"

Wrapped Exception
"java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
"

am I doing something dumb? I have Java 1.5.0 on a Windows 2000 machine.

best wishes
Richard
schmidt
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 9:45 pm:   

Richard-

When you first run MOViewer, the application automatically 'installs' itself using the Java Web Start mechanism. This downloads and installs the required Java files, as well as Java3D libraries required to run MOViewer.

The Java3D files are installed off of a server administered by Sun. Thus, to succeed,
1) Your Windows 2000 workstation must be able to access the internet (as not just your local LAN).
2) The java.net server must be up and running.

I'm guessing that (for some reason) the java.net servers went down temporarily. I just checked, and everything seemed to be working fine as of now.

If you still have problems, try and installing MOViewer on another Windows 2000 computer (if you have access) and let me know.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration