WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 8.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 8.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 17, 2019

Migrating WebMO over to a new machine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » Migrating WebMO over to a new machine « Previous Next »

Travis Raines
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   

I'm building a new server for WebMO to run on, and I want to be able to copy over all old users and jobs. I've tried copying over the /webmo user information directory, but this doesn't seem to work--none of the old jobs or users show up. Is there anything I can do to make this work?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 43
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 2:33 pm:   

This should be all that is needed. Delete the WebMO user directory of the freshly installed copy, and then copy ever the existing directory. Just make sure that the configuration of the new WebMO installation points at the correct user directory!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration