WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 23, 2019

How to install WEBmo in VISTA Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Running the WebMO Setup Script » How to install WEBmo in VISTA « Previous Next »

Balaji Ramanujam
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 8:15 am:   

Can anyone suggest me how to run the setup.pl script in windows vista as an adminstrator.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   

The easiest way to do this is the following:

Go to the start menu, and type 'cmd' (don't hit enter), which will locate the Windows command-line shell.

Right click this, and select 'Run as Administrator'. Then change directory to the WebMO installation directory ('cd WebMO.install') and run the setup program ('perl setup.pl')
Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 10:25 pm:   

Followed JR Schmidt's suggestion. Only setup notepad pooped up. No further action. Please help for more detail on installation on Vista
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 85
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 8:43 am:   

You must also have the Apache webserver and Perl installed, as in the normal Windows XP installation instructions:
https://www.webmo.net/support/installation_windows.html
Mike Daniel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 10:38 pm:   

I have Apache and Perl installed on WIN Vista, and ran setup.pl, entered my password and license #, and when I entered the URL, http://Mike-PC/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi I got a "404 Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi was not found on this server."

When I followed directions to uninstall WebMO, I noticed that there was no webmo directories in Apache2.2/htdocs and Apache2.2/cgi-bin. I tried to setup.pl again, and the program tells me to use upgrade.pl since it detects a previous version of WebMO installed. Any help is appreciated.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 2:52 pm:   

It is necessary to run the setup.pl script as an administrator. See the above post (January 9, 2009) for how to do that on Vista.
Mike Daniel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 6:23 pm:   

Thanks for your reply. I ran setup.pl as an administrator and got the following error when I entered the URL http://mike-PC/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi

>Software error:

>Cannot open HTML file: No such file or directory >at C:/Program Files/Apache Software >Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi >line 96.

>For help, please send mail to the webmaster >(wmdaniel@gmail.com), giving this error message >and the time and date of the error.

I did not email wmdaniel since he is kind of slow :-).
Mike Daniel
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 1:35 pm:   

I just wanted to give a bump to my post on June 30. Any help would be appreciated.
Raymond Thomas
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 2:21 pm:   

I get the following when i try to verify that Perl is properly installed.
C:\>perl c:perl\eg\example.pl
'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Further, the 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi' item does not work.
Can someone help. The Apache local host does return "It works'.
Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 3:19 pm:   

To Raymond Thomas,

'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, :

Please follow JR Schmidt's suggestion. You have to run cmd as an administrator to run perl. What can I say? Vista sucks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration