WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 9.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 9.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

Signup for the free Computational Chemistry for Chemistry Educators workshop, which uses WebMO.

August 23, 2019

All jobs fail WinGAMESS08-diagnose sc... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Initial Configuration of WebMO » All jobs fail WinGAMESS08-diagnose script does not complete « Previous Next »

Gordon Driver
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 12:47 am:   

text/plainglobals.int
globals.txt (1.5 k)

I am running vista ultimate sp2 and use firefox 3.0.10, and run with 2 cores. WinGAMESS 08 installed properly, and can be run from the command line successfully. I cannot get jobs to run properly using WebMO 9.1. Output file indicates GAMESS terminates normally, and ddikick.x exits gracefully. However, in the WebMO user interface, job shown as failed. I ran the diagnose script which returned the following in the command window:

Please locate the globals.int file. This file is installed in the location <webmo>/cgi-bin/interfaces/globals.int

Location: 'stty' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

This is a clean install of vista, and gamess, perl, webmo, apache etc and not once have I been able to run a job to completion, as far as webmo is concerned.

I gather it could be some communication error, or config error with the apache server, but I do not undertsand how to implement changes to this config as per instructions listed elsewhere on this site. Nor can I be sure that is the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 100
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 9:55 am:   

I just ran a WinGAMESS 08 job on WebMO 9.1 / Windows Vista sp1 / Firefox 3.0.10 with no issue. Could you please send me a copy of the output file generated by GAMESS?

The easiest way to accomplish this is to select the job in the job manager and click 'Download', and send me the resulting archive.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration