WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 9.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 9.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

Signup for the free Computational Chemistry for Chemistry Educators workshop, which uses WebMO.

August 23, 2019

Gaussian running but webmo is denied ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » Gaussian running but webmo is denied permission « Previous Next »

John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 8:49 pm:   

Hi JR,
Sorry its been so long! I only got time to work on these servers this summer. I have SUSE 11.1 with G03 installed and WebMO Pro 9.1. G03 jobs run fine from the command line. Webmo connects to Apache2, but jobs fail with "Cannot execute /usr/local/g03/g03: permission denied"

I see the recommendations for setting permissions on /etc/skel/ but I still don't know what the actual ls -l output should look like.

Try it yourself
http://chemlinux2.cns.uaf.edu/~keller2/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi

one account is jones/jones

thanks for any suggestions.
John Keller
Dept of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Univ of Alaska Fairbanks
John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 1:09 am:   

Hi again,
Sorry JR, that URL won't work: it is behind the UAF firewall. I can send you a username and password to VPN into campus if you think you might need it.
John K.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration