WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

December 12, 2019

Load : class WebMOViewerApplet not found Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » Load : class WebMOViewerApplet not found « Previous Next »

Gert Everaert
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 7:01 am:   

I have installed WebMO 1.1.001 on a Red Hat 6.2 system. I carefully followed the instructions and it seemed to install fine, but when I try to build a molecule, the builder does not load, and I get an error message at the bottom of my browser (IE 5.0) : load : class WebMOViewerApplet not found

I have tried the "working demo" on the WebMO website and it worked just fine.
schmidt
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 4:10 pm:   

Here are a few things to try. Hopefully one of these should clear up the problem:

1) Make sure to wait for the applet to load completely before clicking "Open Editor" button. You will know that the applet has finished loading when the toolbar appears on the left of the viewer applet.

2) View the page source and make sure that the following line is on the page:

Quote:

<APPLET NAME="WebMOViewerApplet" CODEBASE="/~webmo/source/java" CODE="WebMOViewerApplet.class" ARCHIVE="WebMO.jar" WIDTH=500
HEIGHT=350></APPLET>

where the CODEBASE is the directory corresponding to the <webmo_source_dir>/java directory.

3) Make sure that globals.int file correctly specifies where the HTML/Java files are installed. This file is located in the <webmo_cgi_bin>/interfaces/ directory. The url_htmlBase entry should correctly specify the location of the URL to the <webmo_source_dir>.

4) Make sure that the file WebMOApplet.jar exists in the <webmo_source_dir>/java directory.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration