WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 23, 2019

Number of CPU cores... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Initial Configuration of WebMO » Number of CPU cores... « Previous Next »

brad sturgeon
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 11:15 am:   

I don't understand the number of "CPU cores" setting under "System Manager"? I have a quad-core MACPro and when i set the number of CPU cores to 4, jobs still get queued...thanks, Brad
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 140
Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 11:58 am:   

If you set the number of CPU cores to 4, then 4 jobs should run at once; any additional jobs over four would be queued. I just verified this on WebMO 10, and it seems to work fine.

The only exception would be if you are running parallel jobs (using WebMO Pro or Enterprise). In that case, you could run, for example, 2 jobs each using 2 CPUs, or a single job running on 4 CPUs.

Note that you can set the DEFAULT number of CPU cores for a particular computational engine in the 'Interface Manager'. If the default number of CPU cores for an engine was set to 4, then only a single (4 CPU) job would run, and all subsequent jobs would be queued.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration