WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

August 17, 2019

Daemon won't start Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Initial Configuration of WebMO » Daemon won't start « Previous Next »

aefrisch
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 4:18 pm:   

What is this new daemon? What is it needed for?
Mine will not start. Any ideas?
schmidt
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 4:38 pm:   

The WebMO daemon is not really a daemon in the strict sense of the word (ie, it does not start at system startup and does not always run). The daemon is started when a job is submitted, and quits when the job queue is empty.

From what you wrote, I assume that you are trying to start the daemon by pressing the start button in the "System Manager". This DOES cause the daemon to start, but it immediately quites because the job queue is empty. No action is required on the users part with respect to the daemon.

The purpose of the start button is to restart the daemon if it abnormally terminates, while jobs still remain in the queue. I hope this answers your question.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration