WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

August 23, 2019

Beowulf installation Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Initial Configuration of WebMO » Beowulf installation « Previous Next »

David Vos
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 2:39 pm:   

I am going to be using Gaussian 98 running on a Beowulf cluster using Linda. Has anyone used WebMO with this kind of configuration / does it work. I assume there won't be any problems, but before we spend $x,000 on Gaussian, I want to be sure we can use it.

David
schmidt
Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 3:12 pm:   

I personally have never LINDA to do parallel calculations, so I cannot say for sure whether it will work perfectly with WebMO. It depends on how the calculations are run; if the parallel version of g98 is run simply by executing the g98 binary (in other words, its seamless) and the input/output file formats are identical you should have no problems. However, if LINDA requires additional environmental variables to be set, etc., you may need to trivially modify the WebMO Perl code a bit.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration