WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

August 17, 2019

Initial Installation login error Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Initial Configuration of WebMO » Initial Installation login error « Previous Next »

Leigh_H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 11:00 am:   

Hi, I have installed WebmoPro v 12. I am able to get to the login screen (even though it has no images) but when I enter the username 'admin' it forwards me to a 404 error 'The requested URL /home/webmo/public_html/cgi-bin/login.cgi was not found on this server'.
I have checked the logs and SuExec is working correctly, also nothing ni the other logs gives much away. Can anybody suggest anything else to try? Thank you.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 292
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 12:16 pm:   

During installation, you specified the path to the CGI directory instead of the URL. The URL should be something like /~webmo/cgi-bin. Please look carefully at the examples given in the prompts during installation.
Leigh H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 4:22 am:   

Thanks Schmidt, would you recommend a fresh webmo installation? Cheers
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 294
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:23 am:   

Yes, I would recommend just installing a fresh copy of WebMO on top of your existing copy. Just make sure to read the "suggested" example for the paths / URLs very carefully.
Leigh H
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 8:28 am:   

Hi Schmidt, I have reinstalled webmo and made a note of the URL's (http://*servername*/~webmo/cgi-bin/login.cgi)
When I enter 'admin' and login it takes me to http://*servername*/home/webmo/public_html/cgi-bin/login.cgi
and gives a 404 error. It is still not displaying any images.
I have run the diagnostic and the error is as follows:
Home directory must be world-executable if WebMO is installed there
I have made the home directory executable so don't understand why this is showing errors? Does anybody have a suggestion please? Thanks
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 296
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 10:15 am:   

Please email the output of your diagnose.html script to support@webmo.net

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration