WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 24, 2019

Queue name Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Initial Configuration of WebMO » Queue name « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 - 11:16 pm:   

My linux cluster system has SGE installed. I installed WebMO enterprise under a user. What should I put in the Queue name on the WebMO setup? Outside the WebMO, I put 'all.q' as the queue name. (-q all.q) However, when in batch queue system setup I put 'all.q' for the Queue, it does not seem to be recognized correctly.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 301
Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 12:49 pm:   

It appears that you have done things correctly. What makes you say that "it does not seem to be recognized correctly?"

I also have a list of suggested SGE tweaks to make it play nice with WebMO. Most these have already been incorporated into the WebMO Enterprise setup instructions, but here they are in one place:

# visudo

add "SGE_ROOT" to env_keep

# Add "smp" parallel enviroment and correct like below
# This is needed for true SMP parallel jobs (e.g. requesting NCPUs on 1 node)
# Note that the start_proc_args script IS needed (even though we are not doing MPI)
# in order to translate the pe_hostfile into a WebMO-readable machinefile format

> qconf -ap smp

pe_name smp
slots 9999
user_lists NONE
xuser_lists NONE
start_proc_args /opt/gridengine/mpi/startmpi.sh $pe_hostfile
stop_proc_args /bin/true
allocation_rule $pe_slots
control_slaves TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE
urgency_slots min

# add "smp" to ALL queques
> qconf -mq all.q

pe_list (add 'smp' to the list of existing ones)

#Add SGE to /etc/services

vi /etc/services; ADD

sge_qmaster 536/tcp #SGE
sge_execd 537/tcp #SGE

to the end of the file
Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2012 - 9:42 pm:   

Thanks you for your prompt reply. I should have given more details.
When I tried to run a test job, I built the molecule. On the next step, I was asked to select the queues, and there was no 'all.q'. Instead 'server.domain.edu(placeholder1)','server.domain.edu(placeholder2)' and etc. appeared there and I could not go further.
I have no idea what is wrong.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 302
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 10:14 am:   

Please make sure you have enabled at least one computational engine for the given queue. (This must be done on a queue-by-queue basis.)

Login as admin and go to the 'Interface Manager'. Select the correct queue at the top (if more than one). Make sure to enable and configure at least one computational engine for each queue.

If that fails to resolve the issue, please let me know what WebMO version you are running.
Anonymous

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 10:22 pm:   

That was what I missed! The problem got solved. Thanks a lot!
Ed Maracle
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 3:33 pm:   

I'm having this same issue and I've followed what you have said in the 'interface manager', and all the queues are enabled for 8 systems but I'm still asked to select queues. I'm running webmo 15.03p using the upgrade.pl script. I've added removed and re-added the machines which haven't changed anything.

Any suggestions? Ed

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration