WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

December 12, 2019

Can't locate auto/Authen/PAM/authenti... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » Can't locate auto/Authen/PAM/authenticat.al « Previous Next »

deej
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 3:33 pm:   

Trying to get Webmo 13.0.012e installed on a Centos 6.3 system.

When setting up PAM authentication and trying to login via the web browser, I get an error:

Can't locate auto/Authen/PAM/authenticat.al in @INC (@INC contains: lib/ /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at password_external.cgi line 89

I'm presuming that I'm missing a Perl module, but I'm not able to identify which one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Dj
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 340
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 3:36 pm:   

See https://www.webmo.net/support/enterprise.html under the "External Authentication" section. It details the required Perl libraries, and how to install them.
deej
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 2:56 pm:   

Hi JR,
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately it is not quite that easy. Our local OS drives are maintained via "yum". If I simply do "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Authen::Simple::PAM'", for example, that changes the yum installed packages and those changes could simply be wiped out the next time "yum" processes an update.

What I need to find is an RPM file that is compatible with Centos 6.3 for the perl-Authen-Simple-PAM package (or create it myself), or better yet, modify the Webmo code to work with the perl-Authen-PAM which is already installed (and I think has superceded the "Simple" PAM package).

Do you have any idea what might be needed to change the code to work with the existing perl-Authen-PAM package? At first glance it looks like only the password_external.cgi file would need to be modified.

Thanks,

-Dj
deej
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 3:52 pm:   

Ah, figured out a simpler option. I just put the PAM.pm file in the Webmo cgi-bin directory, and edited the password_external.cgi to look there instead of Authen::Simple::PAM.

Works! :-)
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 342
Posted on Friday, March 08, 2013 - 4:23 pm:   

Great. FYI, I use Authen::Simple since there are, in principle, lots of other options OTHER than PAM.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration