WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

August 24, 2019

Gamess execution error Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Initial Configuration of WebMO » Gamess execution error « Previous Next »

Mark Fennimore
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 6:38 pm:   

Hi guys. I've been running games on one of my PCs for about two years with no issues whatsoever. Recently, I purchased a new computer and installed the newest addition of the webmo software, but now, whenever I submit a job, I receive the following message:

Cannot execute c:/wingamess/rungms.bat: Inappropriate I/O control operation

I'm able to successfully run test jobs, and webmo seems to be correctly recognizing my Wingamess software. I realize that the rungms.bat file is missing--or so it would seem--but how can I resolve this?

Thanks
Mark
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 346
Posted on Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 10:08 pm:   

Make sure you are running the most recent build of WebMO 13 in conjunction with a recent build of WinGAMESS. (Just download the most recent.)

Recently, there were some BIG changes with WinGAMESS. It is now a native Windows app (it used to use Cygwin, a Linux "emulator".) As such, WebMO now only supports these recent builds.
PeterMydlarz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 6:55 pm:   

Similarly, I am trying to run the latest win32 v11 winGamess and WebMO.13.1.003 but there is no rungms.bat anywhere in winGamess. I can't even work out how to make my own. The Gamess people appear to have now stopped developing win32 so I presume it is safe to come up with a final solution?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 369
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 10:28 pm:   

WebMO now only supports the most recent versions of WinGAMESS (64 bit). This is because WinGAMESS underwent a MAJOR switch from "Cygwin" (a Linux emulator) to a native Windows versions. Only the latter is now supported.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration