WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

August 24, 2019

GAMESS Installation for Ubuntu 12.04 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » GAMESS Installation for Ubuntu 12.04 « Previous Next »

JeremyMCarr
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 10:15 am:   

Hello,

I'm following the "GAMESS Installation Instructions for Linux" on the website, and I've run into a wall with compiling GAMESS. In Step 5, the instructions state that the comp, compall, lked, and runall scripts need to be updated using a VI editor. The problem is that each of these scripts do not contain "chdir /u1/mike/gamess" or "set TARGET=ibm64", so editing has become incredibly problematic.

Further, viewing rungms with the VI editor, "set TARGET=sockets" "set SCR=/tmp" and "setenv ERICFMT /usr/local/gamess/ericfmt.dat" was problematic because each of these seems to be missing from the file.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

By the way, WebMO is working well with Mopac7, so I don't think it's a WebMO issue.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 376
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 2:10 pm:   

These instructions are now outdated. Installation of gamess is now simply scripted and requires no hand editing! We will update these instructions.
JeremyMCarr
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 10:03 pm:   

Awesome! I look forward to adding GAMESS our WebMO at Huntingdon College!

-Jeremy

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration