WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 23, 2019

Iphone App 1.2.2 crashes under IOS 7.1.2 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » Iphone App 1.2.2 crashes under IOS 7.1.2 « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 2:40 pm:   

The recent update of the WebMO app to 1.2.2 now crashes when attempting to start under IOS 7.1.2.
I will not be updating to IOS 8 for quite a while if ever because I have an old iphone.
Also, how about a contact email address for paying customers if they have an issue such as this in the future rather than posting on this page?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 419
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 2:45 pm:   

What type of device is this running on?

This is certainly not universal, as I am currently testing against both iOS 8 and 7.1.2.

Email support is available via support@webmo.net. I would be happy to follow up.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 420
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 11:36 pm:   

It appears that the 1.2.2 version of the app has a bug effecting iPhone 4 (not 4s). This will be resolved in the next release. Reverting to 1.1.3 should work in the mean time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Anonymous

Posted on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 7:29 am:   

I have the problem with my iPhone 5. How do I revert to 1.1.3??
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 421
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 10:18 am:   

We are preparing an update that resolves this crash on older devices. It appears to be only entirely reproducible (for us) on iPhone 4; that said, it MAY effect other older devices as well.

This short video demonstrates how to downgrade an app from a prior iTunes backup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_3gFB_sS8
Anonymous

Posted on Friday, October 03, 2014 - 11:18 am:   

Unfortunately this doesn't help those of us who don't use iTunes with our iPhone.

I sent you an email yesterday at 3:20 via support@webmo.net but did not get any response from it.
Did it make it to you?

Bill Dailey
UPenn
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 422
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 3:22 pm:   

Just to follow up for completeness:

An update resolving these issues was submitted to Apple several days ago (v1.2.5). We are currently at the mercy of their review process, which has been running at about ~10 days.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration