WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 16.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 16.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

August 17, 2019

Won't Launch Login Page Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Running the WebMO Setup Script » Won't Launch Login Page « Previous Next »

Jeremy Andreatta
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 6:13 pm:   

I installed just fine on mac OSX Yosemite, but the login page won't launch "Not Found The requested URL /~JRA/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi was not found on this server."

I wasn't able to do the following modifications:
Additional step for Mac OS X Server ONLY)
Edit the file: /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/httpd_server_app.conf
Uncomment the line 'Include /private/etc/apache2/extra/httpd-userdir.conf'
Uncomment the line 'LoadModule apple_userdir_module...'

I'm a bit rusty in terminal mode, but I can't even find the files to edit them. I can find the /Library/Server but that's as far as I can get directory wise in the terminal.

Also, I wasn't able to exit the insert mode normally. Tried :wq and everything, ended up having to ctrl[ to get out.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 443
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 9:36 pm:   

Jeremy,

You most likely are not running OS X server (but rather normal OS X), so the extra instructions are irrelevant.

Note that you DO need to follow step C to edit the Apache configuration files. It sounds like those configuration files probably did not get saved after you edited. You might try the 'nano' editor if you are not familiar with VI.
Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2015 - 2:51 pm:   

I'm having the same issue as Jeremy, although I didn't try to edit the Server-only changes as I'm not on a server.

http://localhost/~student/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi gives me a 404 Not Found page. I did modify the /etc/apache2/users/student.conf as explained in the instructions. Turned apache on and off too. Rebooted even. Same.

OSX 10.10.5 - Yosemite
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 478
Posted on Wednesday, November 04, 2015 - 10:14 pm:   

Turns out there were some MAJOR changes to the default Apache2 configuration on Yosemite. I updated the installation instructions for OS X, which I believe are now up to date.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration