WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 24, 2019

MOPAC2012 64-bit on CentOS 6 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Other » MOPAC2012 64-bit on CentOS 6 « Previous Next »

John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 3:16 pm:   

The MOPAC2012_for_CentOS-6.zip file downloaded Feb 2015 contains the 64-bit version of MOPAC2012, which can be installed as in the "MOPAC2009" instructions on the WebMO support website.
But also, in my experience the libiomp5.so file that is included must - on CentOS systems - be copied (as su) into the /usr/lib64 directory before MOPAC2012 will run. The advice on the openmopac.net website (http://openmopac.net/Discussions/Problems%20Installing%20MOPAC.html) to edit .bashrc with a LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mopacinstalldirectory did not work for me.
Marcus Bond
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 5:21 pm:   

I have been having this same problem with the Feb. 2015 download of MOPAC2012 (to replace an existing installation that had timed out). I have placed libiomp5.so in /opt/mopac (per the installation instructions), in usr/lib64 (as suggested here), and in every other lib directory I can find. Regardless, WebMO still gives the "libiomp5.so not found" error. Running MOPAC2012 from the command line using the example file works fine, however. Stumped. Do I need to upgrade to WebMO 15?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 448
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 5:50 pm:   

Marcus,

You probably need to add the location of libiomp5.so into your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. One way to do this (for WebMO) is to edit run_mopac.cgi to add the line:

$ENV{'LD_LIBRARY_PATH'}.= ":/opt/mopac";

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration