WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 23, 2019

Sorry--WebMO not executing at school Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Initial Configuration of WebMO » Sorry--WebMO not executing at school « Previous Next »

Kenward Vaughan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 2:26 pm:   

I've had the basic WebMO working at home for a while now. Bringing the Pro version up on my school's system is a horse of a different color, however. I cannot see where anything I've done does NOT fit the directions for the installation, so am hoping someone can point out what's flaky?

I've installed WebMO under the user "webmo," following all instructions and using the suggested prompts.

Suexec has been installed and enabled (it's a Debian system). My current userdir is configured as follows:

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
UserDir public_html
UserDir disabled root

# SetHandler cgi-script
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
# Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
Options MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec

# attempt to configure for WebMO on 8/17/2015
# AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

<Limit GET POST OPTIONS>
Require all granted
</Limit>
<LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS>
Require all denied
</LimitExcept>
</Directory>

# attempt to configure for WebMO on 8/17/2015

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

</IfModule>

When I attempt to log in, I get the Perl script displayed. I get it that something is wrong with the configuration, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what. Does anyone see a problem with all this?

Many thanks!

Kenward
Kenward Vaughan
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 4:50 pm:   

Ha. Finally found the issue... the cgid module wasn't enabled. Cleaned up the userdir.conf file a bit, and things start up normally!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration