WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 24, 2019

CGI scripts initially work, then just... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Running the WebMO Setup Script » CGI scripts initially work, then just don't « Previous Next »

Steve Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 04, 2015 - 11:36 am:   

I'm trying to install WebMO on a new server running CentOS 7. The installation itself goes fine; I can open the login.cgi page, go through the registration, get to the system configuration page, and submit a couple of changes. (I also opened up the login page on a remote machine to verify the server was running properly for external sources, and that worked as well.)

Alas, there eventually comes a point at which submitting another action (e.g. submitting another system parameter change or trying to return to the admin page) generates a slew of software error messages like

Software error:
Can't locate timelocal.pl in @INC (@INC contains: lib/ /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at processcontrol_pbs.cgi line 16.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

It basically appears that all of the 'require' statements are failing. Any subsequent request for any cgi page (at least the several that I have tried) has the same result. I uninstalled/reinstalled a couple times; the same thing happens each time, with no discernible pattern in the command which kills the ability to process the cgi scripts.

I really have no clue at this point what the problem is: the browser interface seems to work, and then it just doesn't--despite my not having made any system changes of any sort in the interim.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration