WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 18.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 18.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

Raw Output Page Is Blank Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Running the WebMO Setup Script » Raw Output Page Is Blank « Previous Next »

Matt Kubasik
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 3:22 pm:   

Dear WebMO,
Our IT Department just updated to free-ware WebMO, version 17.0.008.
Our WebMO install seems to run jobs. However, the link to "Raw Output" displays a page containing ONLY the "Save As..." button. No log file is displayed.
Secondly, and like relatedly, the "Save As..." button leads to a page displaying "Server Error."
Any suggestions? Computation engine is Gaussian09RevE.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 521
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 2:19 pm:   

Matt,

I agree these are likely related. Are you click the "Raw Output" link on the Job Manager or the View Job page?

Please check the WebMO error log (<webmo_user_dir>/errors) for any error messages as well.
Matt Kubasik
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - 4:40 pm:   

It is "Raw Output" link on View Job page that fails.

The Download>Job Archive works fine on the Job Manager page.

I only see the "Raw Output" icon for "failed" jobs on the Job Manager page, and this link does not display raw data, either.

No new errors in error log.

Webserver was re-started after upgrade.
Matt Kubasik
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 6:55 am:   

JR- My IT person fixed our upgrade. Apparently, we had some permission issues.

Thank you for your help.
Mark Juhasz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 2:57 pm:   

I encountered this same issue after upgrading to WebMO version 17.0.012p, and it persists in version 18.0.002p.

The "Raw Output" in the View Job page and the Job Manager leads to a blank page displaying only "Save As..."

I am able to access the job output file in a few clicks via the "All Files" button on the View Job page.

This is a Linux server running Gaussian 03.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 595
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 3:01 pm:   

Try another / different computer and/or browser. This will rule out the possibility of caching of old / out of date Javascript files.

If that solves the issue, clear the browser cache or do a "hard" reload of the page.
Mark Juhasz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 5:26 pm:   

JR - This is repeatable on three browsers (Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge) on multiple computers. Clearing the internet cache doesn't change the behavior.

I am happy to proceed with other ideas.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 596
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 9:31 pm:   

Please check your WebMO error log (<userbase>/errors) as well as your browser Javascript error console. I suspect issues with file permission, as per above.
Mark Juhasz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 6:16 pm:   

JR - Thanks for the suggestions. It does appears to be a permissions issue.

The Javascript error console indicated an internal server error associated with "/~webmo/cgi-bin/webmo/tail_job.cgi" On the server, this file had an owner of "root" and an a group of "root." After changing these to "webmo" and "users", respectively, the "Raw Output" button functions as expected.

Many of the .cgi files have root/root as the owner/grp. Should these all be changed to webmo/users?
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 597
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 12:51 pm:   

These should probably all be owned by 'webmo/users'. This ownership suggests that the last (or last few) WebMO upgrades were incorrectly run as user 'root' rather than user 'webmo'.
Mark Juhasz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 2:04 pm:   

JR - Thanks. I suspect running the upgrade script as root caused this. I will change the .cgi file ownership.

Thanks for your prompt support!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration