WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

August 23, 2019

Installation Error Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » WebMO Installation » Running the WebMO Setup Script » Installation Error « Previous Next »

John Tracy
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 4:29 pm:   

Hi folks,

We're attempting to upgrade from the trial version to Pro.
While running the perl upgrade.pl script we encountered the following error:
That file does not exist.

We've checked the path name (several times)and unless it's looking for something other than the path name from /, we're stuck.

-John Tracy
Cabrillo College
John Tracy
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 4:34 pm:   

Hi Again,

We figured it out. We modified the perl script to echo what we typed, and found that it was recording all of our typos in the pathname (backspaces, misplaced letters, etc.)
We connected remotely using a terminal window that could copy/paste the path name, and that worked!

We don't know if this error resides within our Perl implimentation, or your script. Since I there isn't another message with this error, chances are it's our Perl.

-John Tracy
schmidt
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 4:48 pm:   

The Perl code for reading in the pathnames is specially designed to allow for tab autocomplete, just like a shell. However, it can (very rarely) cause problems with backspaces if your terminal emulation is set up oddly.
prabhakaran
Posted on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 3:41 pm:   

I tried to install webmo both in my pc and my linux machine. Unfortunately my linux machine is not
connected to internet. Both machines my setup failed.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration