WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

December 12, 2019

Running WebMO Jobs in NQS: Software e... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » Running WebMO Jobs in NQS: Software error « Previous Next »

Jacek
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 2:45 pm:   

I set up NQS system. When Webmo starts a job I can see in qstat job running, but after a while it exits and View Raw output shows error:
(stars added to remove users data)
Software error:
Cannot open file /****/user_profiles/****/288/output.out: No such file or directory at text_dump.cgi line 59.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error

When I start other jobs (not thru WebMO) to the NQS queue manually using qsub, they run OK.
Somebody has a clue what is wrong?
schmidt
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 4:43 pm:   

Please run the diagnose.pl script (located in your WebMO/cgi-bin directory) and send the output to schmidt@webmo.net. This will help me better diagnose your problem.
schmidt
Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 3:43 pm:   

The problem is due to the fact that WebMO is running under user 'apache' rather than a user who is able to log in. Since user 'apache' is not allowed to log in, NQS is not able to execute any jobs.

This is easily remedied by enabling suexec and installing WebMO into the home directory a user. (I suggest you follow the recommendations made by the install script.) All WebMO jobs will then run under the username of the home directory in which it is installed.

Complete instructions on Apache configuration can be found on the support forum,
www.webmo.net/support/linux72.html#apache

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration