WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 19, 2019

MOViewer on Mac OS X Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » View Molecular Orbitals » MOViewer on Mac OS X « Previous Next »

Bob Gotwals
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 4:20 pm:   

I'm getting inconsistent results while trying to open MOviewer files (.jnlp). I'm using Safari on Mac OS X 10.3.9, with Java Web Start 2.1 the current startup for java.

basically, it works on one machine but not another, and we think the two machines are configured identically...
Shawn Sendlinger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   

I'm doing frontier orbital calcs. (HOMO of one molecule, LUMO of another), and would like to view both MO's at the same time. MOViewer creates tabs for all viewed MO's, but doesn't allow more than one view at a time, even if another instance of WebMO is opened. Is there a way to view two MO's at the same time?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 4:43 pm:   

Unfortunately, there really isn't a great way to do this within MOViewer directly. It is technically possible to open up more than one instance of MOViewer, but it is a bit tricky.

The best easy suggestion that I can offer is to save an image (File:Save As...) form MOViewer to save a JPEG/GIF image of the current HOMO/LUMO. You can then compare all the images directly.

In the future I will add the ability to spawn a second instance of MOViewer (or something..) so that this is more straightforward.
Mokit Chau
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 4:10 am:   

error reading file:
> maximum number of bonds exceeded

Is there some way to get around this error or is there another program I can use?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 179
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 10:25 am:   

Can you please email me a job archive ("download" from the job manager) of a job that exhibits this problem?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration