WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 23, 2019

Slow calculation Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » Slow calculation « Previous Next »

Mark Iannone
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2007 - 10:34 am:   

Occasionally a GAMESS job will run slowly. The elapsed time counter in the job manager adds 1 s for about 20 s of real time. The server is not doing anything else. Do you have any suggestions about this?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   

Can you verify that the server is truly not doing anything else? In other words, perhaps another non-WebMO related process might be running on the server, and using a significant amount of memory/resources.

If you notice the problem, try logging onto the server on the command line, and using the 'top' command to see what is actually going on. I would be interested to see the results.
Mark Iannone
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 1:05 pm:   

I just saw this topic and realized I never replied. We did figure this out, and maybe it will be useful to someone. The problem was that with large molecule and/or large basis set, the computer did ran out of memory and was spending all its time reading and writing to disk.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration