WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 8.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 8.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 23, 2019

New job using this geometry: stopped ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Build Molecule » New job using this geometry: stopped working after upgrade « Previous Next »

Jay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   

I upgraded from 7.0.003p to 8.0.010e using the upgrade.pl script provided. The button "New job using this geometry" can be depressed but the page does not update. The Reset Viewer and Export Molecule buttons work fine. I'm running jre1.5.0_10 and Firefox 2.0.0.13.

Perhaps the upgrade script is intended only for upgrading between version of the same flavor of WebMO....

Thanks for your help.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   

The upgrade script should work fine either way.

One possibility is that the WebMO Java applets have been cached, and the new (post-upgrade versions) are not being downloaded by your browser/java client.

You might be able to resolve this by reloading the view job page using (Ctrl+Reload). Even better, go into your Java control panel under the 'General' tab, and click 'Settings...' under 'Temporary Internet Files' and click 'Delete Files...'. This will force the new version of the Java applet to be downloaded. This will most likely resolve the issue.

If not, please verify that the problem is not specific to a particular JOB. Also, type in 'javascript:' (no quotes) in the URL bar to check for any JavaScript errors that may be occurring.

You might also try out the demo server at www.webmo.net, which is running the same version of WebMO, to make sure that you are not experiencing the same problems.

Please let me know what you discover.
Jay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:19 pm:   

JR, thanks for your speedy reply. I had the same result on a different machine for several jobs. The webmo.net demo server worked fine.

Pressing the "New job using this geometry" button gives the following javascript error:

document.ViewerApplet.isAnimating is not a function
hwwp://x.x.x.x/~webmo/cgi-bin/webmo/jobmgr.cgi Line: 45
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:23 pm:   

It definitely sounds like a Java caching issues, since the Java applets were upgraded from 7 -> 8. It really sounds like the browser is not downloading the new versions. Try the above workaround, and let me know.
Jay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   

Clearing the cache and restarting did not help. Same error resulted.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   

Please send me an email (schmidt@webmo.net), so we can discuss a way for me to login to you WebMO installation directly.
Jay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   

After some investigation I found the proper cache to purge; the cache presented to the user inside Firefox is not the right one. There is an application cache inside the java installation directory that had to be manually purged. That made everything work properly.

For general reference for other users, here are some possible helpful resources on this issue:

1. For Windows, http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000020300.xml

2. For certain Linuxes, http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/firefox-java-applet-cache-551644/

3. For Linuxes in general, run the command

$PATH_TO_JRE/bin/ControlPanel

choose: Temporary Internet Files -> Delete Files...

and log into WebMO anew.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration