WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

December 12, 2019

Mo viewer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » View Molecular Orbitals » Mo viewer « Previous Next »

Nick Mosey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 11:35 am:   

We are using webmo pro, and have experienced odd behavior when viewing molecular orbitals. Specifically, we have found that MOs cannot be directly viewed in the MO viewer by clicking on the view option next to the MO in the results section. Instead, we must first download an MO file (it doesn't matter which one) and then we can view any/all of the MOs in the MO viewer. Is there anyway to avoid having to download an arbitrary MO file before we can view the MOs?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 97
Posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 11:57 am:   

What version of WebMO are you using? What browser/OS combination and Java version?

I cannot reproduce this problem on any platform I have tested with.

One possible issue is that the MOViewer applet has not finished downloading. Please make sure that you have allowed sufficient time for the MOViewer applet to download before you begin loading MOs.
Nick Mosey
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 5:33 pm:   

I am using Windows Vista, Internet Explorer and Java version 6, update 7, but I've seen this problem on other computers in our department that may be using different packages. We have certainly left plenty of time for the applet to load. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Gary Washington
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 - 10:19 am:   

I have webmo 9.1.0002e and I find that for linear molecules the molecular orbitals are not parsed correctly for display and the output shows it under caluclated quantities. It is fine for nwchem. Is there an easy fix the gamess output?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration