WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 9.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 9.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

Signup for the free Computational Chemistry for Chemistry Educators workshop, which uses WebMO.

August 23, 2019

Gaussian requested 2 cpus, PBS script... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Job Options » Gaussian requested 2 cpus, PBS script contains only 1 « Previous Next »

Paul Van Allsburg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:31 am:   

I setup a simple 2 cpu job
input.com starts with:
%NProcShared=2
#N HF/6-31G(d) SP
C5H12
but the pbs_script.sh starts with#!/bin/sh
# Submitted using: /usr/local/bin/qsub -N WebMO_3178 -S /bin/sh -o /home/webmo/webmo/research/vanallsburg/3178/pbs_stdout -e /home/webmo/webmo/research/vanallsburg/3178/pbs_stderr -r n -q webmoq -l nodes=1:ppn=1

When I setup the job I told it ppn was 2.
Did I miss a config somewhere?
Version: 9.1.002e
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:36 am:   

Make sure to set the proc / nodes = 2 in the 'Advanced Job Options' page. This will automatically add the appropriate "%NProcShared=2" to the input file for you AND make sure to request the appropriate number of nodes and processors from PBS.

If you manually add the line yourself to the top of the input file, this will not get communicated to PBS. This system is done for consistency with other packages, which do not request processors by way of the input file.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration