WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

December 12, 2019

Importing Gaussian jobs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » Importing Gaussian jobs « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, July 03, 2000 - 11:51 am:   

I found it confusing to import existing Gaussian structures or jobs into WebMO. Should I build a dummy molecule in the Build Molecule screen, choose the "Preview Input File" option in the Configure Job Options screen, and then paste in my real structure? Or is there a better way?
schmidt
Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2000 - 9:41 am:   

To import a Gaussian (or MOPAC, GAMESS, etc.) press the "Import Job" button in the "Job Manager" page. By pointing the import script to the appropriate log file, the job will become available from the job manager just like it was run using WebMO.

To run a new job using the imported molecular geometry, simply view the imported job and click the "New job using this Geometry" button.
Jeffrey Peloquin
Posted on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 2:14 pm:   

We are evaulating WebMo Pro versus GaussView. And I have not been able to use the exercises that come with Gaussian with WebMo. Can someone provide an example Gaussain Input file using a Z-Matrix with variable?. I have not be able to import a Z-Matrix that uses variables into either the WebMo installed on my system or into the WebMo Demo on this site. Is this a WebMo Pro feature?

I have tried retyping the files and removing various combinations of lines.
Anna Croft
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 8:42 am:   

I've had problems since version 4(->6) importing files. It seems to work ok if I am importing from my machine to my local copy of webmo, but not from my machine to a remote copy of webmo. Any ideas?

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration