|Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 1:58 am: |
Hi, there. I tried installing WebMO on my laptop (Win XP) for testing. As my laptop was not allocated any public IP or DNS name, the "host" and "servers" in interfaces\global.int both auto-detected as my full computer name "SKDD-T42", "SKDD-T42,0".
After I submitted jobs, they were just queued but never started running. JRE, Appache and Perl were all in good condition. I've tried replacing "SKDD-T42" with "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" but it did not work either. I've also tried running the diagnose.pl but it gave error messages as
'whereis' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
'-a' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
The getpwuid function is unimplemented at E:\Program Files\Apache2.2\cgi-bin\webmo\diagnose.pl line 312.
and never generated full diagnose.html page.
Is it because WebMO must be hosted on valid servers? Or there exists any other problem?
Post Number: 113
|Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 9:42 am: |
In your globals.int file, try replacing all instances of "skdd-t42" by "localhost". The problem may be that your computer names contains a dash.
|Posted on Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 5:18 am: |
I have the same problem, insterting 'localhost' does not help...
|Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 12:36 pm: |
I have the same problem - I tried either on win xp or on win7 - same thing - the daemon never starts, i have working properly apache, perl and jre... i have some job in a queue, and when i click 'start daemon' nothing happens.
i would like to hear from someone who uses win and has webmo acting properly...
Post Number: 150
|Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 1:33 pm: |
Please email support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. A small fraction of WebMO users on Windows have this issue, for reasons which are difficult to determine.