WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 9.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 9.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 23, 2019

Nwchem Windows problem Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Job Options » Nwchem Windows problem « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 11:55 am:   

Hello,
I am having problem with nwchem input file generation - WebMO (installed on Win XP) generates it with windows' end-of-line signs, which causes nwchem to protest: 'error in the input file'
How to fix this?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 123
Posted on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 12:42 pm:   

The run_nwchem.cgi script runs another script that should convert the input file from 'windows' newlines to 'unix' newlines. The script is called dos2unix.pl.

One reason this may fail is if .pl files are not associated with Perl.exe on your system. If you double click a .pl file, will it execute?
Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   

Yes, the script actually works, I managed to convert the input file w/o use of WebMO
It seems that something is wrong in may case with calling this script from WebMO i.e. in this line:

system("\"$cgiBase/win32/dos2unix.pl\" $input_file");
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 124
Posted on Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 1:28 pm:   

I just verified that the conversion process work (within WebMO) on my Windows system. This is probably due to a file extension assocation issue. Try changing the line to:

system("$perlPath \"$cgiBase/win32/dos2unix.pl\" $input_file");

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration