WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 17, 2019

Job Templates Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » Job Templates « Previous Next »

Soren Eustis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 4:44 am:   

Greetings. I have become interested in the use of the job templates function in WebMo 10. Especially, due to some of the powerful commands I learned were possible through this site: http://chemistry.ncssm.edu/webmo/help/template_help.html.

However, when I select the template function it leads me to an error page which states:

"Firefox can't find the file at <server>/cgi-bin/webmo/edit_templates.cgi."

Is this an install error that occurred on my initial install and has propagated through each update, or is this something simpler.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 128
Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 10:46 am:   

Two points:

First, the online editing of job templates is a feature of WebMO Pro, and not implemented in the freeware version. In fact, the link to edit templates does not (or should not!) show up in this version, because the code does not exist. Can you let me know where you selected the template function?

Second, although the ONLINE editing of templates is not implemented in the freeware version, it is still possible to edit the job templates (just a text file) via the command line. They are stored in the <cgi-bin>/webmo/interfaces/*.tmpl files, one corresponding to each computational engine. The file format is self-evident, but simply backup a copy before you make any changes!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration