WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

May 26, 2019

Error on Page Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » View Molecular Orbitals » Error on Page « Previous Next »

Greg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:59 pm:   

We are using the demo server and receiving an error on a page. When we log in as guest, select the first H2O job and go down to the bottom of the new window, under “Molecular Orbitals” section and clicks on the view icon (manifying glass) to the right of any of the orbitals, we receive an "Error on page" message at the bottom of Internet Explorer in the status bar. We are using IE 6.0.2900.2180. I am also seeing Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 (there are 3 instances of this with 2 of them listing the file name as ip2iexp.dll and the other npjpi160_21.dll). Any idea why we might be getting an "Error on page" message?
Mag
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 6:03 pm:   

I am also experiencing the same problem. A couple computers work, but most I test it on do not. Some computers have Java 6.21, some have the latest (6.23), but whether it works or not is not consistent with the version of the software.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 173
Posted on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 6:23 pm:   

What browser / version / operating system are you using?
Mag
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 11:19 am:   

It's happened with IE 8, Firefox 3 and Safari, in both Windows 7 and XP, and MacOS. I have two computers that works every time, without fail, but machines set up with identical OS software, browers, java version, etc, that never work.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 174
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 11:35 am:   

It is possible that this is a networking issue. If you try and "use" the page before ALL the Java applets have completely loaded, you will experience an error. If your network connection is slow, it may take a long time to download the large MOViewer applet the first time.
Mag
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 11:48 am:   

Unfortunately, I'm confident that's not the issue, since I can try it on machines side by side, one after another with the same internet connection - one will work, the other does not. Everything in me says it looks like a server issue - but that also is explained away by the fact that a couple computers work every time. If I figure this thing out, I'll be sure to post it here...
Mag
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 2:14 pm:   

Hmm...the workaround in the thread "WebMO viewer" started on 03/26/10 seems to work for me also.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration