WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 12.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 12.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 24, 2019

Changing PBS options Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Job Options » Changing PBS options « Previous Next »

Rachel Getman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 4:01 pm:   

Good afternoon. We recently installed WebMO Enterprise on our Linux cluster, which uses PBSPro queuing. I am having trouble specifying PBS options, specifically, queue (-q option) and walltime. I have tried increasing the Job Time Limit and changing the queue in the Group Manager as well as in the User Manager, to no avail. I can change the values, but my pbs_script.sh does not reflect the changes (i.e., it submits to the default queue and does not include a walltime flag, therefore requesting the default walltime of 30 minutes.) I have two questions. 1) Am I doing something incorrectly? 2) Ultimately, I would like to be able to specify these options for each individual job. Is this possible?

Please let me know if you need further information. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 207
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 4:26 pm:   

The queue to which a job is routed is determined on the "Choose Computational Engine" page. There is a drop down box down below, with a list of Queues that have been configured. (These can be added in the Batch Queue Manager, as per your system.)

Job time limits are (unfortunately) not able to be specified yet on a job-by-job basis. Rather they are set up globally, and enforced (internally) by WebMO rather than sending them off to PBS.

If you wanted to at least override the 30 minute default, you can add a -W option to the "qsub_options" variable in the daemon_pbs.cgi script, but this would be GLOBAL, not per job.

If you setup queues with different limits, you could route the job to an appropriate queue as well.
Rachel Getman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 4:31 pm:   

thank you.
Rachel Getman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:15 pm:   

We currently only have WebMO working with a single piece of software. Thus, our installation doesn't take users past the Choose Computational Engine page... Is there a way to force it to? Or is there a link somewhere?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 208
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:21 pm:   

I believe if you have more than one QUEUE set up in the "Batch Queue Manager" it should still force you to go to this screen to select a queue (with only a single option given for the engine).

Make sure that:

1) You have added multiple queues in the Batch Queue Manager
2) The computational engine has been ENABLED for both queues (in the Interface Manager -- these must be configured / enabled individually for each queue)
3) The user or group of users has their permissions enabled to be able to submit to both queues (this should be the default)
Rachel Getman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 3:31 pm:   

JR, thank you so much for your help!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration