WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

August 17, 2019

Editor Doesn't Work in Windows 2000 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Build Molecule » Editor Doesn't Work in Windows 2000 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

George H
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 10:34 am:   

I believe that I have installed WebMO correctly because I can run WebMO jobs using a Windows 98 browser.

When I access WebMO using my Windows 2000 machine, I can login and reach the Build Molecule page. However, when I click the "Open Editor" button, the Editor opens but I can't draw a molecule. More correctly, I can't see what I am drawing, because when I click "Close Editor" the atoms that I had been attempting to draw appear randomly on the Build Molecule page.

Is this a known problem of WebMO?
schmidt
Posted on Monday, June 18, 2001 - 10:44 am:   

WebMO has been tested with a variety of browser/OS combinations, but a problem was recently located in some WinNT/2k and IE 5.5 combinations. The problem seems to be due to a bug in the Microsoft Java implementation on these systems. The following is a simple work-around that should provide an interim solution:

Click the "Open Editor" button to open the editor. Immediately upon opening the editor, RESIZE the window by dragging the lower right hand corner. This should solve the problem. It may be necessary to repeat this each time you enter the Build Molecule page.

A permanent fix will be incorporated into WebMO 3.1.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration