WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 12.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 12.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

December 12, 2019

View MOs in a ZINDO UV/Vis calculation Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » View Molecular Orbitals » View MOs in a ZINDO UV/Vis calculation « Previous Next »

Will Kennerly
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 12:34 pm:   

I am using Gaussian to calculate UV/Vis spectra with semiempirical ZINDO calculations. Of course WebMO can prepare the input and show the spectra just fine, though you have to manually edit the route line like so:

#N CIS=(NStates=10)/ZINDO

However I would also like to see the MOs that are calculated. This data can be generated when you add "Pop=Full" to the route line. The data is printed in the output file, but there is no obvious option to view the MOs graphically with the WebMO interface. Is there a way to do so?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 243
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 3:56 pm:   

Send me an example output file, and will see if it is possible.
Will Kennerly
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 4:46 pm:   

Thanks very much, the job archive is attached.
Includes checkpoint file, too.

application/x-tarJob archive
archive144789.tar (13168.6 k)
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 244
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 - 1:31 pm:   

This appears to work fine IF you also include the 'GFINPUT' keyword, which contains the basis set information (strange, for ZINDO, but true) that is necessary for WebMO to view the MOs. Just add this keyword and you can view the MOs.
Will Kennerly
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:44 pm:   

Wow, it works, thanks! I'm pleased WebMO is so flexible that it displays graphical output based on the output file's content and not on the dropdown menu selections which can only be picked one at a time.

For reference, here's the full route line:

#N CIS=(NStates=10)/ZINDO Pop=Full GFPRINT

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration