WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

August 23, 2019

I get "Daemon not started; queue empt... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Job Manager » I get "Daemon not started; queue empty"; What do i do? « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 1:54 pm:   

When i click on Start Daemon, I get this Daemon not started; queue empty
how do i make / add something into the queue
William Polik (Polik)
Posted on Friday, July 06, 2001 - 2:31 pm:   

Unlike other daemons that always run (even when not needed), the WebMO daemon only runs when jobs are running and/or are queued. It is started and stopped automatically; there is no need for you to take any action to start the daemon.

To add a job to the queue, Login as a user, click Create New Job, open the Editor and build your structure, close the Editor, choose a computational engine, set your job options, and finally click Submit Job. The job is added to the queue.

If the CPU is available (which will be the case if this is your first job), the job is removed from the queue and run. However, if the CPU is busy with other jobs, then the job will wait in the queue until previously submitted jobs complete.

If you want to see some queued jobs, set up a job that takes several minutes to complete (this is hard to do with MOPAC, but very easy with Gaussian or GAMESS). Set up and submit the job. Press the Back button (in Internet Explorer) and then press the Submit Job button again. Repeat several times. You will have submitted the same job several times to WebMO and they will be queued behind each other. This will be reflected in the Job Manager. Finally, either wait for the jobs to complete, or kill them with the Job Manager.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration