WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 12.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 12.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 23, 2019

Strange GAMESS output Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » View Results » Strange GAMESS output « Previous Next »

Lauren
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2012 - 3:05 pm:   

Hello,
While attempting to get Webmo up and running for the fall semester I have encountered a strange problem. Whenever I run a simple job (ethane) the run dies and throughout the file is written
1525-018

It also gives the error - YOU MUST ASSIGN GENERIC NAME DASORT WITH A SETENV.
I already had to fix a bunch of these variables - I'm just not sure when it is going to end or what the numbers mean - never seen them in an output file before (all after a hard return - multiple lines of just those numbers). Any help is much appreciated.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 282
Posted on Monday, July 30, 2012 - 5:47 pm:   

The most recent version of GAMESS has made some changes to how they set variables. This issue will be resolved with the next release of WebMO.

In the mean time, you can use a workaround:
1) Go to your GAMESS directory
2) Backup the 'rungms' script
3) Insert a copy of the contents of the 'gms-files.csh' script into 'rungms'
Lauren
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 12:00 pm:   

Thanks so much! I was so lost!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration