WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

August 17, 2019

Submitting a gamess-job sends sigterm... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Job Options » Submitting a gamess-job sends sigterm to server. « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2001 - 8:09 am:   

I set up WebMO to handle g98. This works fine.

Gamess instead seems to be some kind of a problem.

The gamess manager finds the binaries and asks me to submit these settings so they can be saved. After submitting, the manager tells me the binaries could not be found. Although they have been found earlier. Since I know the binaries are there and gamess is executable and readable for all users (Same was true for gaussian, which works), I manually edited the file 'gamess.int' in 'interfaces'.

When I then setup a job for gamess and submit it, the server dies. The following error message can be found in the log-files:

[Tue Aug 7 13:39:58 2001] [error] [client *censored*] File does not exist: /opt/wwwicsd/www/webmo/webmo/java/symantec/itools/resources/ErrorsBundle_en.class
[Tue Aug 7 13:40:41 2001] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

You can see (timestamps) that this does't seem to be the cause for the servers death. Hm... there is no 'symantec'-folder in 'java'.

Anyway: What could be the cause for the signal?

Do you have a suggestion ?

Is there a way to direct email-support ?
schmidt
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2001 - 6:02 pm:   

First, I found a bug in the "Suggest" mechanism for the GAMESS manager in the latest release. This is what most likely prevented the GAMESS binary from automatically being filled in. This will be addressed in the next release, but does not effect the operation of WebMO in general.

Since the suggest mechanism does not in this release, make SURE that the binaries are correctly specified, and click submit.

Also, make sure that the ddikick.x AND games.00.x executables are executable by the web server (permissions = 755, not 700 or something like that). This would cause the execution of GAMESS to fail. I think that the default installation of GAMESS does not set permissions to "normal" ones. See our support forum for help setting up GAMESS in what I consider to be a nice fashion at https://www.webmo.net/support/gamess_linux.html.

One final note. You may experience incompatibilities (jobs not parsed correctly) with the newest June release of GAMESS. The GAMESS developers have been notorious at dramatically altering the GAMESS output file format, wreaking havoc with WebMO and other programs such as Molden which try to "read" the output. You may wish to use the next most recent release until WebMO is updated to reflect these changes, so long as this does not pose a problem for your work.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration