WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

August 23, 2019

Symmetry app stalls Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » Symmetry app stalls « Previous Next »

John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2012 - 5:11 pm:   

I tried to "Symmetrize" the complex (see attached .mol), and I just get the "browser active" icon. I waited several minutes and still nothing. This happens with a variety of OS, browsers, etc with this molecule. A similar one with nearly-C2 symmetry was in fact symmetrized properly (although WebMO continues to ask if I want it symmetrized, even after it has symmetrized it...)
chemical/x-mdl-molfileKeller-complex-Ci
Ci-complex.mol (5.3 k)
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 307
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2012 - 5:19 pm:   

Interesting. I will look into that case.

In the latter case, (repeatedly asking you if you want to symmetrize), it is possible that the molecule is still "nearly" symmetric with respect to a HIGHER symmetry point group.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 310
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 2:09 pm:   

I located the issue here, and it will be resolved with the next bugfix release in a few days.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration