WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

August 17, 2019

Is there a maximum allowed value for ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Job Manager » Is there a maximum allowed value for "Time"? « Previous Next »

John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 1:27 am:   

(WebMO 12.1 Enterprise; openSUSE 12.1) I am running a long job (Gaussian ADMP molecular dynamics now at about 200 cpu hours (about 24 h wall clock with 8-proc node). The "Time" entry was updating correctly until about 200 h, but now it is reading "11:25". The .log file seems to be updating correctly. Does WebMO have a maximum job time it can deal with?
John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 2:55 am:   

Seems all is well: the job finished and the total time was updated correctly in Job Manager (285:26:12). So, if the "Time" entry seems way off, its a good idea to check the .log file status before throwing in the towel.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 313
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 8:56 am:   

Are you using PBS or SGE? Next time you see this, grab a qstat output from the command line and send it my way. Perhaps the output format changes to accommodate these large numbers!
John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 7:48 pm:   

Hi JR, I went back to using the WebMO queue. I could not get Torque to work on my systems, so that project is on the back burner. JK

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration