WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

August 24, 2019

NWChem 6.1.1 - Webmo 13 - SGE Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » NWChem 6.1.1 - Webmo 13 - SGE « Previous Next »

deej
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2013 - 1:25 pm:   

Hello,
I am trying to get NWCHem 6.1.1 working with Webmo 13 on an SGE cluster. The jobs runs fine in SGE, and produces an output.log that looks okay, I believe, but I get an error from Webmo:

Software error:

Cannot open file /mnt/research/webmo/user/deej/216/run_log: No such file or directory at text_dump.cgi line 87.

run_log does not exist.

Any hints as to how to track this down would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks,

-Dj
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 347
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2013 - 1:48 pm:   

First, make sure to read the following document:
https://www.webmo.net/support/enterprise.html

In particular, there are a few SGE-specific steps that need to be taken (define variables in /etc/services, etc.)

Otherwise, please check the WebMO 'errors' log located in the "user" directory. This may contain some useful error information.

It sounds like the job is never actually be executed by SGE. The only question is why!
deej
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2013 - 2:56 pm:   

The job is running on SGE - I can see it in the queue, and I can view the output.log file which appears normal.

The errors file contains two entries:
[Mon Apr 1 13:18:10 2013] nwchem.cgi: Argument "6.1.1" isn't numeric in numeric ge (>=) at input text line 36.

[Mon Apr 1 13:18:27 2013] jobmgr.cgi: Cannot open file /mnt/research/webmo/user/deej/216/run_log: No such file or directory at text_dump.cgi line 87.

Thanks!

-Dj
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 348
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2013 - 3:05 pm:   

Interesting. So the job shows up in Job Manager, correct? What is the job status?

You get the error message when you click on the job?

Please select the job in the Job Manager, and click "Download". Please send me the resulting archive at schmidt@webmo.net.
deej
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2013 - 3:12 pm:   

The job shows up in Job Manager. The status is "Failed". You get the "run_log: No such file or directory" when you click on "Raw Output".

I'll send the job output your way - thanks!

-Dj
deej
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2013 - 3:53 pm:   

Just a followup - the problem was on our end with a local customization. Output file should have been named "output.out", NOT output.log.

Thanks go to JR for noticing this! :-)

-Dj

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration