WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 14.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 14.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 24, 2019

Application Error ClassNotFoundException Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Build Molecule » Application Error ClassNotFoundException « Previous Next »

Author Message
Anonymous
 
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 9:18 am:   

Hi, I am new to this and can log in but then when I click new job I get an error message. It says application error classnotfoundexception net.webmo.applet.editorapplet.class
I have tried using a few different browsers and installed java. I am able to log in and use my account from my professors mac but can't access it from my PC.
JR Schmidt
Moderator
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 350
Registered: 11-2006
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 1:33 pm:   

Make sure you are using the most recent version of Sun's java plug.

Also, try access the WebMO Demo Server (link on home page). Does that work?
Anonymous
 
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 2:03 pm:   

I tried the Webmo demo server on the home page like you said and it was working.
JR Schmidt
Moderator
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 351
Registered: 11-2006
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 2:07 pm:   

This implies you need to clear the Java cache. This can be done through the Java control panel.
Anonymous
 
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 2:23 pm:   

I cleared everything from the Java Cache and it still doesn't work. My java version is "Java 7 Update 21"
JR Schmidt
Moderator
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 352
Registered: 11-2006
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 2:28 pm:   

I'm not sure what to tell you. The fact that your WebMO installation works from another machine, AND that your machine works when accessing the demo server, implies that somehow the Java cache is corrupted, etc. This does not appear to be a WebMO bug.

Uninstalling Java and reinstalling may help.
Mark Hewitt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2013 - 12:31 pm:   

I'm having the same issue. I was able to get it to work earlier, but when we swapped to external authentication we also swapped over to use a secure connection. Swapping to a secure connection, however, stopped the java from working in build_molecule.cgi. with "ClassNotFoundException" of "net.webmo.applet.EditorApplet.class"
JR Schmidt
Moderator
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 359
Registered: 11-2006
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2013 - 12:39 pm:   

There is nearly always a Java cache corruption issue. Java will cache TWO copies of the applet, one from the "secure" connection and one from the normal HTTP connection, since the URLs are different.

Likely one copy is corrupted, the other not. Try clearing the Java cache from teh control panel. Also verify that it works from another machine, which it should. If not, there may be something more subtle going on.
Mark Hewitt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2013 - 1:54 pm:   

No dice working on any computer. I've tried it on two which were working before the swap over to secure and one which had never visited the webmo install before. We do not have the certificate in yet, and research shows that sometimes can cause an issue but I wanted to see if there were any other ideas while waiting for the certificate.
JR Schmidt
Moderator
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 360
Registered: 11-2006
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2013 - 2:07 pm:   

It certainly could be that Java itself is unwilling to download from an "untrusted" secure connection.
Mark Hewitt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 11:28 am:   

It turns out it is an issue with Java version 1.7. It tosses up a "SSLProtocolException: handshake alert: unrecognized_name" because it requires the name in apache to be VERY specific. Once that was changed it began working again.
Tom B.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2014 - 8:09 pm:   

I was able to get it working after a few steps.

First, update Java.

Then, clean the Java cache by going to the Java control panel, clicking Settings under Temporary Internet Files and clicking Delete Files.

Next, in the Security tab lower the security level to Medium.

Then in the Advanced tab, check Use SSL 2.0 Compatible ClientHello format (this step seems to be the most important).

Restart the browser.

Add Your Message Here
Post:
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration