WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 14.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 14.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

August 24, 2019

Java Plugin Version 7 Update 51 Block... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » Java Plugin Version 7 Update 51 Blocking WebMO Applets « Previous Next »

stburrow
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 4:22 pm:   

I tried to access my WebMO account at my institution (Virginia Tech) today and was prompted to update my Java plugin before proceeding. After performing this update to Version 7 Update 51, the new Java plugin refuses to let any of the web applets to run due to its internal security settings. This 'protection' has rendered WebMO useless to me. I have tried using both Safari 7 and FireFox for Mac OS X and Internet Explorer for Windows 7. Any suggestions on how I enter exceptions to allow WebMO to work again through a browser (any browser)?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 378
Posted on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 4:24 pm:   

Thank you, Oracle. Two options:

1) Upgrade to WebMO 14 resolves this completely, as we switched to fully signed Java applets
2) You can reduce the Java security settings from High to Medium in the Java control panel. This effectively reverts to the prior settings.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration