WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 14.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 14.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 17, 2019

"Application Blocked By Security Sett... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Build Molecule » "Application Blocked By Security Settings" error « Previous Next »

Teresa
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 2:58 pm:   

I just had to get a new hard drive on my computer, and as a result needed to reinstall the plugins or software necessary to use WebMo online. I installed Java v1.7. Logging into my account works fine and I can view my job manager, however, when I try to actually view any molecules or jobs in the "Build Molecule" page, I continue to encounter an error message saying that the applications necessary to run the build molecule canvas are being blocked by security settings. I get this message in multiple browsers, so I don't think anything is related to browser security, and I checked to make sure its not related to my PC's security. Does anyone know how to get around this problem?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 390
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 12:09 pm:   

Please have your WebMO administrator upgrade to WebMO 14, which resolves all of these issues.
Sean E. Hightower
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2014 - 11:15 am:   

Forgive me if I duplicated my message.

Dear Sir or Ma'am. As with the previous message (by Teresa), we continually encounter an error message saying that the applications necessary to run the build molecules canvas are being blocked by security settings. Reading the forum would suggest that updating to WebMO 14 would fix the problem. Currently, we run WebMO 12 PRO. Will the update leave me with WebMO 14 PRO?
Will Polik
Username: Polik

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2014 - 2:57 pm:   

Upgrading your WebMO Pro version 12 to WebMO Pro version 14 would resolve your java issues.

Note that simply downloading the free version of WebMO version 14 from the WebMO site and applying that upgrade would convert your WebMO instance into WebMO FREE version 14, not WebMO PRO version 14, and you would lose all the PRO functionality, e.g., the ability to view molecular orbitals, etc. You need to order the WebMO Pro upgrade to retain those features.

WebMO pricing information is available at:
    https://www.webmo.net/purchase/pricing.html
and ordering information is at:
    https://www.webmo.net/purchase/index.html#pro

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration