WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 17.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 17.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

Saving Data or Images from WebMO JAR Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » View Results » Saving Data or Images from WebMO JAR « Previous Next »

Soren Eustis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 1:33 pm:   

I have noticed a problem with the save data and save image feature in WebMO (currently using 14.0.007e). When I click the save data or image buttons, I get a dialogue box that defaults to my home directory on my local computer (Mac in this case). However, no files are visible. When I go ahead and save the .dat or .png anyway, the applet does not actually create a file in that directory. Oddly, when I go up two directory levels, I can see system folders and files listed on the GUI for "/" but in "/Users" and "/Users/username" each directory appears to be empty. I am using the latest Safari and Java versions.

Thanks.

Save Dialog
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 418
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 2:27 pm:   

Please see:

https://www.webmo.net/support/mac_java.html

for a resolution.
Soren Eustis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 5:53 pm:   

Thanks JR!
Anonymous

Posted on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 5:56 am:   

I'm also having this issue and the information on the website doesn't fix my problem. Using Webmo 16 currently.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 558
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 2:18 pm:   

Note that Java on the desktop is really currently unsupported (in nearly all browsers). The best option is to transition away from Java to HTML5. This is the route taken in WebMO 17 and higher.

Unfortunately, Oracle and all browser makers (include Apple/Safari) continue to reduce support for Java and/or introduce security barriers that make complex applets like the "old" WebMO applets (from WebMO 16 and below) difficult or impossible to use.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration