WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 23, 2019

WebMO 15 + NWchem 6.3 + uv-vis Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » WebMO 15 + NWchem 6.3 + uv-vis « Previous Next »

Bob Kematick
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 5:56 am:   

I recently installed WebMO 15.0.003p on an Ubuntu 14.04 server, along with the NWchem version that is available from the Ubuntu sources.

It looks to me like parse_nwchem.cgi needs to be modified slightly to fetch uv-vis excited states and oscillator strengths from NWchem 6.3 output, and I believe I have made appropriate changes. I wonder if this is needed for all 6.x NWchem versions, and if anybody else stumbled onto this yet?
Bob Kematick
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 8:14 am:   

Following up on my own post ...

uv-vis calculation on ethylene and comparing nwchem 6.3 raw output to nwchem 5.11 raw output from demo server

parse_nwchem.cgi excited state routine scans forward from "TDDFT Information" for a line that starts with "Root"

for nwchem 5.11 the line that starts with "Root" has eV at the end enclosed in () but for nwchem 6.3 eV not in ()

For nwchem 5.11, oscillator strength is 3 lines down from "Root", but is 5 lines down for nwchem 6.3

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration