WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 23, 2019

Problems building a molecule Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Login Screen » Problems building a molecule « Previous Next »

Priscilla
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 8:56 am:   

I log into WebMO as guest for username and password. And on WebMO Job Manager, I clicked on new job. On Build molecule, there's only status that includes quest, webmo, 20 sec, unlimited and 0 jobs and progress that includes job manager and build molecule [highlighted in bold letters but doesn't work when I click on it]. There's only choose an engine, job option, submit job and editor help. I'm not finding WebMO Editor applet or a menu to choose build a molecule or Clean-Up: Comprehensive. When I click on import under build molecule, an import molecule webpage shows up with format, generate bonds and selecting a file.

But I'm having trouble building a molecule. I'm new to this program and I think I will need to install something but I have Java 8 on mac

Thanks a lot for any help
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 459
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 10:12 am:   

What browser are you using? We recommend Safari (or Firefox) on a Mac. Check that Java is installed and working by visiting www.java.com.
Priscilla
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 10:48 am:   

Yes, I'm using safari and I do have the current Java 8. Is it possible if I can download an app that can allow you to see my computer so you can assist me with just an example of building a molecule

Thanks a lot
Priscilla
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 11:59 am:   

I'm only seeing a blank white screen. It might be due to the java update but I have Java 8 Update 45
Priscilla
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 12:11 pm:   

Its the editor that does not appear that includes file, edit, tools, build, clean-up, symmetry or help

Thanks for any help
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 460
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 12:14 pm:   

Please visit www.java.com to ensure that Java is installed correctly. If not, the website will have an option to install it / fix your installation.
Priscilla
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 12:41 pm:   

My laptop is mac os x 10.7.5 but my pixel depth is 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888). And is the download only for 64-bit? I don't know if there's download for 32-bit

Thanks a lot for any help

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration