WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 23, 2019

Viewing Gaussian09 log files Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » View Results » Viewing Gaussian09 log files « Previous Next »

Matthew Barclay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:17 pm:   

I only have access to G09 remotely, so I can't run jobs through WebMO. When I try to view my own completed .log files, I keep getting "Invalid File Format" error.

text/plainmy file
nh3freq.log (79.6 k)

I've looked through other such threads, including https://www.webmo.net/discus/support/messages/3/495.html?1330456808 and I have no problem uploading that person's file to WebMO for viewing....so what's wrong with my output files?

text/plainthe other guys file
output-498.log (78.2 k)
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 464
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:29 pm:   

The failure is because this is from a DEVELOPMENT version of Gaussian, and evidently they changed a few things. Any easy fix is to modify the parse_gaussian_version subroutine in parse_gaussian.cgi to search for:

"This is the private, development version"
Matthew Barclay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 3:46 pm:   

Mr. Schmidt:

Thanks so much - I feel like you've answered it perfectly, but unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the parser language and........based on what I'm seeing :

screenshot of parse_gaussian.cgi

I might even say that change has already been incorporated, if I had any idea what I was looking at.

Would you mind going into a little more depth into all the changes I need to make?

Thanks so much
~Matt
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 465
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 5:16 pm:   

Try the following subroutine:

sub parse_gaussian_version
{
local (*logfileText) = @_;

# catch-all for Gaussian development version.. assume based on g09 (for now)
my $i = search_from_beginning("This is the private, development version", \@logfileText);
return "g09" if ($i != -1);

$i = search_from_beginning("This is( part of)* the Gaussian", \@logfileText);
return "" if ($i == -1);
$_ = $logfileText[$i];
chomp;

/This is(?: part of)* the Gaussian\D*(\d+)/;
return "g$1";
}
Matthew Barclay
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 6:09 pm:   

Okay so maybe I understood more than I thought (those were the changes I had in mind)......

Unfortunately so far none of what I've tried (attempted the import both with and without the forwardslash) seems to have made a difference.

Here is my current cgi code:

current parse_version

and here, again, is the text block from my G09 version that I presume we're trying to access:

g09 statement

Is it possible that, since I am unable to build a root directory in my interface manager [because I don't have G09 on my computer], that there is a disconnect between the returned value? (g03, or g09, as it were)

Thanks again for all the help,
~Matt

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration